How Can I Increase the Value of My Manufactured Home?
In Florida’s hot home market, there are more and more manufactured homes for sale every day. If you’ve been considering putting your mobile home on the market, now is a great time to do it. With thousands of people relocating to the sunshine state daily, it’s the perfect time to get a great return on your investment.
Whether you want to sell and move to a different community or RV park, or you want to upgrade, you want the best closing price you can possibly get. To achieve that, there are some things you can do.
Among the possibilities for improvements are some upgrades that won’t give you a great return on your investment and some that definitely will. Here are some of the best options to get the most for your new and used mobile homes:
• Repairs – If you have a leaky roof or a leaky faucet, these are things that buyers notice almost immediately. Making sure everything in your mobile home is in good working order is important. Making sure windows open and close properly, toilets don’t keep running after flushing, and your HVAC is in good shape are basic things you need to check. If anything needs repaired and you are able to have it repaired by a professional, do it.
• Refurbish – A little paint can cover a multitude of sins and tired surfaces. Even if your home is decades old, a nice paint job can freshen it up and make it into the blank canvas buyers can envision as theirs. Don’t forget details like door jams, baseboards, doors, and if possible ceilings.
• Replace – Broken support bricks under your home, skirting and siding are noticeable things that are easily replaced and it won’t cost much. If you are able to renew these areas it will go a long way toward catching the right buyer’s eye.
• Insulate – Adding insulation is a great way to increase the energy-efficiency of your manufactured home and give your realtor another selling point.
• Landscape – Freshen up your curb appeal with some annuals and add fresh mulch around your plants and trees. This tells a buyer that you maintain the property well. Don’t forget weeding and mowing. You only get one chance to make a good first impression.
Last but not least, hire the right realtor for your part of the market. A realty firm specializing in mobile home sales is one that knows this niche market better than anyone else. Many realtors will agree to sell your manufactured home without knowing what the market prices are like or what mobile home buyers are looking for. Most of the time it is very different than what single family home buyers seek. In-depth market knowledge can mean a big difference to your final sale price.
Sunbelt Home Sales has over 30 years of mobile home sales expertise that will benefit you at closing. Contact us today and let’s sell your home!